Article posted by Timothy P. Smith on "How to Get Paid for the Hours You Work"

Asked over 3 years ago - Alexandria, VA

In the last part showing under serial no. 3, Tim has referred to some of the lookouts for Employers who are averting OT pay unscrupulously. Can the author or any learned reader advise as how best to respond/ deal with that situation as a victime employee of such ill treatment/ practice by the employer??
Thank you,

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Andrew Daniel Myers

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Every state has a Labor Department and a division responsible for wage and h our enforcement. Report such conduct. They can resolve such issues more quickly than any private attorney.

    I truly wish you the best.

    If you find my answer helpful, please click the ‘thumbs-up’ tab below. Thank you.

    This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies. In the event that you have follow up questions, please post them directly on this site. This does not create an attorney-client relationship and the attorney does not read unsolicited emails. Thank You.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,255 answers this week

2,861 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,255 answers this week

2,861 attorneys answering