Article 127-uae labour law --non competing clause

Asked almost 3 years ago - Chenoa, IL

Good Day and Greetings,

This is regarding implications under ARTICLE 127, non competition clause prevailing in UAE.

I was working for a private company until last two months in UAE and left the company to join Dubai Government company as a Senior Manager with my Master degree qualification in Business administration. My previous employer private company spreads accross a scaring communication that they would take legal action against me under non competion clause, under article 127. I am now under immigration visa (not labour dept visa)as it is a Dubai Government and not having labour card.

I have worked in the private company 3 years and 1 months. I completed the first contract of 3 years, then renewed and then after one month, I resigned.

Under this situation, will my previous employer be able to proceed leagally under article 127. Is it possible to implicate me when I am an employee of Dubai Government and serving Government towards welfare of UAE.

I would be grateful if you could kindly throw some lights on this subject and advise in detail.

1. Pamela Koslyn

Answered . This site is for lawyers licensed in the U.S. If you want information about other law in other countries (and each country has its own laws), you're going to have to consult a lawyer licensed there.