Arrested on a warrant from texas person resides in atlanta charges were violation of probation&DWI person warrant from 1997

person was arrested and is being held for extradition to texas from atlanta where they have lived for the past 13 years and have been gainfully employed the warrant was for misdemeanor violation of probation and DWI person was sentenced to 365 in county jail sentence was appealed and person released on bond and never returned to serve being that is the situation statue of limitations is void because the accused left jurisdiction probation was violated 2 weeks prior to completion and person has no incidents with the law in the state they currently reside in

Dallas, TX -

Bart Charles Craytor

Bart Charles Craytor

Criminal Defense Attorney - Texarkana, TX

What is the question? From the statement, it certainly sounds like the person could benefit from a lawyer. Good Luck

Sponsored Listing
Macy Michelle Jaggers

Macy Michelle Jaggers

DUI / DWI Attorney - Dallas, TX

What made him think the statute of limitations was "void"? That's not even a legal term. He will remain in jail in Atlanta until he is transferred to Dallas or until the Dallas sheriff's department releases the hold because they've decided they don't want to pay for extradition. Either way, he needs an attorney in Dallas to straighten this out.

Jacqueline R. Kriebel

Jacqueline R. Kriebel

Criminal Defense Attorney - San Antonio, TX

I don't understand your question. Consult with a criminal defense attorney or clarify your question.

Sponsored Listing
Douglas Lowell Wilder

Douglas Lowell Wilder

DUI / DWI Attorney - Plano, TX

If you are looking to help your friend, you need to contact a DWI where his case is pending to start working for him to try and minimize the potential consequences. For their sake, I hope his case is not in Denton. But a case that old can definitely be worked with. Mistakes are mistakes, but 13 years of productivity should not be ignored. A lot must be done quickly and assistance will be needed since his new life is so far away. I am here if you need more information. Doug

Vijay Dinakar

Vijay Dinakar

DUI / DWI Attorney - San Jose, CA

Your question is unclear. Consult a local criminal attorney to help you sort this out. Good luck.

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.