Skip to main content

Arrested in TX for extradition to MS. Is it possible to expedite or post bond while waiting to keep his job.

Houston, TX |

He was arrested originally for possession and intent to distribute, and missed a court date due to a miscommunication with atty at the time. We found out later, he is currently being held because of a warrant for the missed court date is there anything we can do to expedite his release or extradition, so he can keep his job, we took all his vacation and personal leave from his job, and its running out.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. He definitely has options. If he waives extradition, then the process can
    be sped up because he will not have to have an extradition hearing.
    However, the State of Mississippi can still take their time to come and pick
    him up.

    Another way for him to get out quicker is to have an attorney request that a
    fugitive bond be set. This is typically requested in a district court in
    the county that he is imprisoned. Lastly, you may be able to post a bond in
    Mississippi and once posted, they will notify Texas authorities to release

    Dustan Neyland

    Attorney at Law

    Four Kingwood Place

    900 Rockmead, Suite 132

    Kingwood, TX 77339

    (281) 312-0155 Voice

    (281) 312-0154 Fax

    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message including attachments, if any,
    is intended for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may
    contain confidential and/or privileged material. The information and
    material contained in this communication is attorney-client privileged
    material. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the message
    and notify the sender.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics