Arrested in new york, convicted in west virginia, did house arrest and probation in New york, will a new york check show WV case

Asked about 2 months ago - Bronx, NY

i was apprehended in new york for a federal indictment in West Virginia, i plead guilty to the charge in West Virginia district, did house arrest and probation in new york. will a background check of new york state criminal records show the WV federal case? i am asking because the conviction was in july 2005, i have been working for over 9 years but lost job and need a new one so wondering if this will show up in background checks.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . If they do a nationwide search it will show. Even if limited to NY it still might show because I assume that NY Probation fingerprinted you.

2. Stephen Charles Cooper

1

1

Answered . A fingerprint check should turn up the Federal conviction. We live in the age of computers.

3. Arkady Bukh

Pro

1

1

Answered . A federal conviction would show up on all national databases.

4. Richard C. Southard

Pro

Answered . Assume that it will. Even if by some miracle it didn't you are going to have to disclose it on job applications when they ask you if you have previously been convicted of a crime. Failure to do so may be a new crime depending on the application; you dont want new trouble.