Arrested for my second DUI in the last five years. What can I do to help lessen the charges and prevent jail time?

I am a person that has a good job and am the provider for my family. If I were to go to jail and lose my job my family would lose everything. I recognize that I have a problem and am seeking help immediately. Is there anything I can do to help lessen the charges and prevent jail time?

Grand Haven, MI -

Jared Clayton Austin

Jared Clayton Austin

DUI / DWI Attorney - Lansing, MI

A lot will depend on the judge in your county, but I think you have some things going strong in your favor. It's very good that you have a job and provide for your family-- that may very well keep you out of jail, significantly reduce your jail, or limit your jail to weekends. If you are not already, you need to enroll in an AAA program and/or some other rehab program which the judge may order anyway. Definately expect probation and maybe even vehicle immobilization. But a lot just depends on the judge.

I do a lot of DUIs and criminal representation so feel free to give me a call at (517) 614-1983 to further discuss your case.

Related Advice