Arrested for Assault F/V Imp. Breath. I used defense tactics bc I'm LE to defend myself I was stab twice by an ex with a pen

Coppell, TX |

No Criminal History. I work in a jail and I'm trained to defend myself with PPCT and koga level 1. She said I put my hands on neck which I didn't, I used defense tactics to get the pen from her. She has bruising consistent with the tactics I used which was stated in the report, she also stated I stop her breathing and had my knee in her back but it was my forearm because I had to restrain her over the bed while I had her in a wrist lock because she didn't want to drop the pen. My forearm did rub against her neck because she was moving around as I tried to restrain her. I went to the police to report it. I told her I was going to the police and they would take the kids away. I believe by telling her that and the police convincing her made her stretch the story. Worried about my future.

I was stabbed twice and used my training to avoid further injury to myself. And went directly to the police.

This is a situaton that raises self defense concerns . However without knowing more about the facts of your case I can tell you it is exremely important that you contact a crminal defense lawyer as soon as possible. You are facing potential felony charges and should take this matter seriously.

I am taking it very seriously. I'm nervous about my future. I don't understand what you mean by self defense concerns? I defended myself and went to the police department.

I've represented law enforcement officers with a similar defense. It can cut both ways. You'll need to hire an attorney and discuss the specifics with them. They will be able to review the State's evidence and better advise you from there.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

I was stabbed twice and used my training to avoid further injury to myself.

In the head and arm

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Macy Michelle Jaggers

I understand. These are important defensive issues to discuss with your attorney.

Let me get this straight. You are a member of law enforcement and you have been arrested for a felony? You need to be face to face with the best criminal defense lawyer in your part of the state that you can get in to see. NOW. ASAP.

Any member of law enforcement who is arrested ought to remember what is on the standard law enforcement Miranda card, and exercise those rights. After that officer gets a good criminal defense lawyer, then he or she and the lawyer can discuss whether and if so when to give a statement or interview.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.

Yes. But I was stabbed twice before I used my training. I used my training to avoid further injury.

I didn't hit her. Her bruising is consistent with koga level 1 and Pressure point control tactics PPCT.

Thank you

Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

I appreciate what you say in your comments. However, it does not change my answer. Many people get arrested and even charged by felony indictment before things get sorted out. So, if you have been arrested, get to a good criminal defense lawyer.

The advice you've been given by several people is to contact a good defense attorney. It's solid advice. You can tell us over and over again what your defense is, but you've just put a lot of information on a public forum that anyone, including police and prosecutors, can access. I suggest you contact a local attorney so that maybe they'll be allowed to present a packet including your defense to the grand jury to possibly avoid indictment. And stop talking about your case!

Hire an attorney immediately. Don't discuss with investigators without lawyer present. You could face criminal as well as civil charges. May even put the jail you work for at risk because you admit to using training received for inmates on a civilian.

Be careful.

This answer does not create an attorney client relationship. You should hire an attorney for legal representation.