Arrested for a DUI with no drivers license.

Chicago, IL |

My brother got arrested for a DUI, he doesn't have a drivers license and he is under 21. He has a clean record. What are the chances that he can get deported. What can his conviction be?

Hello there,

It is difficult to give one a number of what there chances are going to be not knowing the facts of the case. But, you need to have a competent DWI deafens lawyer review the entire case to see if there are any technicalities to file what is known as a motion to suppress evidence.

If one is successful on a motion to suppress the charges are dismissed and you get to go on with your life.

However, deportation is a whole other subject. ICE Immigration Customs Enforcement through Homeland Security can put a hold on him if he is not a citizen and is in the country illegally.

If he gets an ICE holed there are certain factors one can utilize to fight deportation but those case are left to immigration lawyers. I am not an immigration attorney so I can not give you competent advice on that other than I know how to contact ICE and get the process of deportation working faster rather than the individual sitting in jail for months.

If the person is sitting in jail ICE must be contacted and they have 48 hours to come get the individual. If they don't your attorney needs to fight to get the individual out of jail.

Hope this answer helps. If you have any other questions feel free to email me.

Sincerely,

Erick Platten

Hello there,

Sincerely,

Erick Platten

Hello there,

Sincerely,

Erick Platten

Hello there,

Sincerely,

Erick Platten

Get Avvo’s 3-part DUI email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI