Arrested for a DUI in Wichita KS. I blew 0.079 and requested a blood test and was denied. How do I get a copy of dash video?

Asked about 2 years ago - Wichita, KS

I was arrested for a DUI. The arresting officer said that I was pulled over for being on the wrong side of the road. By this he means, when I turned left my driver side tires crossed the yellow line of the turning lane for opposing traffic on the street I was turning onto. The cop said he smelled alcohol and I explained that it was my passenger. I was asked to step out of the car while looking for proof of insurance. I've never had anything more than a fix it ticket . I know I had an anxiety attack, because I vaguely remember the line walk. I remember the rest clearly. At the station I blew a 0.079 and requested a blood test and was denied. I need to know how to get a copy of the video. I don't think I was given the option to remove my heels. The walk was the only test. I plan to fight

I have severe anxiety attacks (I was sobbing uncontrollably as soon as I was put in the cop car) , induced asthma (stress or heavy exercise triggers my asthma and I was unable to complete 4 of the 5 breathing attempts I was told to do), and bone spurs in my feet (which make it difficult to walk in heels for a long period of time due to the pain, which is what I had been doing that evening). All of my ailments can be confirmed by my doctors. I also have menstrual cramps so painful that I pass out. I may have mentioned taking a lortab but had done so 6 hrs prior.

1. Patrick Michael Lewis

Pro

Answered . Do not delay, talk to a local lawyer who spends most of his time defending DUI charges. Do this today. There are many issues in this case. A lawyer will be able to get the evidence you need and review your options with you. Do not talk with anyone about the facts of the stop except your lawyer.

2. Mark Nickolas Longwell

Pro

Answered . You can get the video by making a public records request to the arresting agency. Or, you can hire an attorney to do it for you and they will request it or get it in the normal course of discovery. You have many defenses that an attorney can help you with. On the other case you can easily blow your chances to beat this if it isn't handled properly. Hire an attorney or get a public defender. Don't try to be your own lawyer. Even lawyers don't do this.

This content is informational only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.