Arrest warrant out for inspection sticker in OakRidge,Tx. I did not know about it until months after it had been issued.

Conroe, TX |

Was working on a car for a friend and making sure it was a good buy. Got pulled over for the inspection sticker being 2 months out. Got a ticket. I had the car for two days after I got the ticket. Then gave it back told my friend and he went out and got the sticker renewed I thought he had handled it. I do not live at my mailing address. I move around a lot and stop by every couple of months. I found a warrant out for my arrest for this ticket, and failure to appear in court. Got a letter that my license had been revoked so I do not drive anymore. I am worried if I go up there to talk they will arrest me on the spot. The ticket is almost 800.00 now. I have no job currently, and no way to pay this ticket/arrest warrant. I really do not know where to start with all this.

If you are in that area, you will be arrested unless you post a bond. You were driving the car hence you responsibility for the inspection sticker - not the owner's.

You might hire a local ticket lawyer. Their fees generally save you money.

Cynthia Henley
7132-222-1220

Thank you for your time and advice. I will look into a local ticket lawyer and go from there. Again thanks you very much,

You need a ticket attorney in Oak Ridge. Call a few and see what they charge. Its usually not much. They will know how to resolve this to get the warrant lifted and save you a trip back to TN. It will definitely be cheaper to handle it this way.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

Thank you for your time and advice. I will look into a local ticket lawyer and go from there. Again thanks you very much