Arrest

Lindenhurst, NY |

I know 2 bad girls..Between the 2 of then they have 5 pending case drugs and prostituting .The one girls is in and out of psychiatric hospital all her life and in 3 months overdosed 3 times .The one girl who deals drugs pimps out the girl who has mental issues , in return gives her drugs . I reported this to tips /police Suffolk county 25 times with no success...Also the mental girl is using one of those Obama phones for prostitution...The cops don't care , how can I get someone to arrest then before they find the mental girl dead or beaten !

1. I'm afraid there is nothing more you can do. Your only option was to alert police and you have done that. Sorry.

2. It sounds like you have done everything you can do.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been handling criminal defense and personal injury cases for over 17 years. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails, is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

3. It's a sad situation, but other than alerting the police, there is not much else you can do.

4. Have you reported it to the state police?

The information provided is not intended to be legal advice, but merely conveys general information related to legal issues commonly encountered. The information is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or current. I make no warranty, expressed or implied, about the accuracy or reliability of the information. You should not act or rely on any information at above without seeking the advice of an attorney. The determination of whether you need legal services and your choice of a lawyer are very important matters that should not be based on websites or advertisement

5. You cannot force the police to make an arrest. In theory, and I'm not advocating this, it's harder to decline to make an arrest if there is more evidence. If you have evidence of their ads on craigslist or backpage or some other proof that they are soliciting, that may help at least get the information sent to the vice squad for investigation. Also, does your local sheriff's office have a community affairs liaison? I find they are more receptive to community complaints; try speaking with them.

I am a former Brooklyn Criminal Court Deputy Bureau Chief with over 17 years experience specializing in handling criminal cases. All answers are for information purposes only. Answering this question or any future questions does not form any attorney-client relationship. Be mindful, that answers are limited by the limited facts presented by the questioner and are not meant to take the place of competent legal advice by an attorney fully informed of all the facts surrounding your case. Also, be aware that nothing posted in a public forum such as this can be deemed confidential or privileged communication.