Arraignment

Asked over 3 years ago - Pitman, NJ

How to postpone an arraignment a second time in municipal court.

1. Severiano Emile Lisboa IV

Answered . Hire an attorney. Because if you continue to not appear the court will issue a warrant. Once you are arraigned most municipal courts are fairly reasonable when it comes to adjournments except for DWI cases.

2. Eric M. Mark

Pro

Answered . You need permission from the court. They are not likely to give you more than one unless you have a lawyer or an emergency.

3. Carl Scott Spector

Pro

Answered . Some courts will allow you to enter a not guilty plea in Municipal Court by attorney's letter and thereby postpone the case. This is not always the case because not all Municipal Courts are run the same way.

Good luck-

4. Mark M Cheser

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You need to corroborate an excuse at this point (like a doctor's note etc.) or get an attorney. But why the concern about an arraignment? If it to buy time the best way is with an attorney.