Arraignment 100 centre street

New York, NY |

Was arraigned last week on class A misdemeanor charge. Plead not guilty . Part B in August. How long until case is assigned to a prosecutor and can a deal be done before part B in August?

1. Your attorney can find out who the assigned ADA is and potentially negotiate the case before your next court date.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

2. Prosecutor is normally assigned quickly in manhattan. It is possible your attorney can work out a disposition prior to the next date. Give he or she a call. Good luck n

I have been a criminal attorney in New York for almost 25 years. website: Brooklynlaw.net Phone #: 718-208-6094 email: howard@brooklynlaw.net. This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.

3. Most likely an ADA has been assigned to tge case. An attorney can find out as well as negotiate on your behalf. The Court date will still be in effect.

4. You have been given good advise by several local criminal attorneys - you should IMMEDIATELY contact one of these attorneys or another listed on AVVO - most will offer free initial consultations

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

5. Contact a local attorney to help you. You may contact one of the ones who have responded, or click the "Find a Lawyer" link above.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.