Around how much does it cost to hire an attorney to file for judicial release

North Olmsted, OH |
Filed under: Litigation

the person has been in for about four years and it was his first offense. His name is michael pedros from cleveland oh. And what are the chances of release. Thanks for any help you can provide

He is in prison as as opposed to jail I presume. It then becomes a question of parole, the nature of the offense and his conduct while in prison.

You can write a letter to the parole board if you so desire, but he will have to serve the minimum term of his sentence.

Not much can be done. Speak to a criminal attorney for more specific advice. I would contact the legal aid society of Cleveland. It probably won't make a difference, unless he has kept his nose clean inside and participated in rehabilitation programs.

Joseph T Ostrowski

Joseph T Ostrowski

See, O.R.C. Section 2929.20 (Google that) It's entitled Sentence reduction through judicial release. It spells it all out. I would guess that it would cost between $5-10K considering the motion practice, information gathering, research, and appearing for a hearing which could be denied. look at the statute and see if it fits. Good luck

Litigation topics