Skip to main content

Arizona statute of limitations civil traffic

Prescott, AZ |

5/10/2006 i was charged with driving without insurance heading into phoenix. I called multiple courts over the next six months, well to be more accurate every court in the area. It was said to be out of surprise,AZ but they redirected me saying it was most likely tempe..then glendale..then peoria which i have never driven in any of those places as the date of the charge was the last date i have been to that general area.
I received a letter at about the 7 month mark stating my license had been suspended.i called and got the same run around no record.
since then i have not received anything nor contacted them. I'm unsure why but a public record search sets the disposition date as 05/06/2010.
If there is a statute of limitations how would i go about it? I need to drive to find work bad. ty

Attorney Answers 2


Your ticket had the Court on it. The first thing you'll need to do, if you haven't, is to contact the court listed on the ticket and pay the fine. You can talk to the clerk and ask to have the fine reduced or do a payment plan, but you'll have to pay something to resolve the charge.

If I understand you correctly you received a notice that your license had been suspended around the end of 2006 or the beginning of 2007. If that's correct, you should just be able to go to the local MVD and pay to have your license reinstated.

I don't know what you mean by a statute of limitations. Since you've already been charged and found in default, a statute of limitations is inapplicable.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful


To get your license back, do the following:

1. Obtain an uncertified copy of your 39-Month Driving History from the MVD. It costs approximately $3.00. A copy can be purchased online through the MVD at

2. Pay any outstanding fines in full and get proof of payment from the court(s) with a hold on your license. If you cannot pay your court fines in full, you will need to get documents from the court(s) proving that: (i) you have agreed to a payment plan; (ii) your payments are current; and, (iii) the court is releasing the hold on your license.

3. The driving history should show what court the ticket was issued from. Ask the clerk about the status. You can also ask the clerk of the that court to schedule a status conference with the judge.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics