Arizona Divorce with kids and accused of Domestic Violence

Asked over 1 year ago - Gilbert, AZ

Never really reported the abuse, the couple of times I did, husband turned story around. The male officers that came out, I feel were bias. Husband manipulates his way out of truth. Can I supeana him to take a lie detector test that I will make sure is court approved and I will pay for it? TIRED OF BEING CALLED & TREATED LIKE A LIAR & CRIMINAL.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Judd S Nemiro


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Polygraph tests are generally not used in family law matters. The best way to expose a liar is hire a good attorney that can untangle the web of lies made by opposing party.

    My recommendation would be that you obtain a free consultation from a family law attorney to review your case before taking action.

    Good luck!

    Judd S. Nemiro
    Law Offices of Judd S. Nemiro, PLLC

    IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "HELPFUL" or "THE BEST ANSWER," PLEASE MARK IT SO AS AVVO AWARDS THE ATTORNEY POINTS. All attorneys providing answers on this site are donating their time and not financially compensated.

    Information provided on this site does not constitute legal advice. Answers posted here are based on a very... more
  2. Aubrey Ann Srednicki


    Contributor Level 4

    Answered . Generally, a polygraph test would not be used in a family law case. It is up Judge to determine the credibility of a witness. Thus, the Judge would evaluate your testimony, as well as the testimony of the opposing party. Ultimately, the Court must make a determination regarding what is in the best interest of the minor child(ren). It is recommended that your consult with a family law attorney to fully evaluate your facts and circumstances, and determine the best course of action.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,276 answers this week

2,815 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,276 answers this week

2,815 attorneys answering