Skip to main content

Arested in walmart with over 500, i banded myself ($1000)

Dallas, TX |

Its class A and scheduled for court hearing on 07/10/13, never been arested before, is there any chance to dismis it
Thanks for your help

Attorney Answers 4

  1. There's always a chance. You need to hire a lawyer and have him or her evaluate the case.

    If you are a first offender, and they will not dismiss the case, you may be able to secure a Pre-Trial Diversion or a deferred adjudication on a class c misdemeanor which could eventually lead to dismissal and expunction.

    You need to hire a lawyer to help you navigate this case. You want to keep a theft off your record if possible.

    Joseph Vinas answers questions on Avvo for general information and not as legal advice. Those answers do not establish an attorney/client relationship. Please contact Mr. Vinas at (713) 229-9992 for a FREE CONSULTATION or visit his website at

  2. Talk to a criminal attorney in your area. After hearing your detailed facts and circumstances, they will be able to properly advise you on what to do.

    Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.

  3. There's always a chance. Dallas won't let you represent yourself so you'll have to hire an attorney. It sounds like you may qualify for a memo agreement, which results in a dismissal. Just start calling attorneys to find out about fees and payment plans. Most of us offer free consultations.

    Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

  4. Sometimes, theft cases are hard to prove. It depends on the facts of your case and the evidence against you. Sometimes, law enforcement misses surveillance video and witnesses. You should contact a lawyer to help you fight this so that you do not tarnish your record.

    Nicole Knox's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Call Ms. Knox at 214-653-8888 to set up a free consultation and/or visit her website at to learn more about Ms. Knox and her practice.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics