Skip to main content

Are wills are filed with our lawyer, but we can no longer get in touch with her. What do we do?

Cambridge, MA |

No sign of her at her former offices. No longer answers the phone. Are documents like that filed some other location? Is there a procedure for retrieving them?

Attorney Answers 1


If you need to locate a lawyer in Massachusetts, verify that he or she is licensed, and obtain address information, you can try the BBO's attorney look-up feature:

Depending on how long ago your wills were prepared, it might be time to take a fresh look at your estate plan and prepare all new documents. This should really be done every 5 or so, or upon the occurrence of a major life event, i.e. the purchase of new property, birth or death in the family, etc.

If you would like to schedule a consultation or review our estate planning fee schedule, please don't hesitate to contact my office.

Mark as helpful

Professional ethics topics

Recommended articles about Professional ethics

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics