Are we obligated for an ambulance and emergency room visit that we did not authorize?

My wife went to an urgent care center for treatment of the flu. She fainted in the office and banged her head on their desk. Instead of treating her the staff called 911 and had an ambulance take her to the emergency room. We now have a $2,0000 bill for what should have been a routine doctors visit.

Aiken, SC -

Barry Franklin Poulson

Barry Franklin Poulson

Health Care Lawyer - Hillsdale, MI

The urgent care facility took no chances, no doubt acted within their own policies, and made an immediate judgment call in favor of patient safety. Discuss a discount with the hospital.

Alan James Brinkmeier

Alan James Brinkmeier

Lawsuit / Dispute Attorney - Chicago, IL

You have to pay. The "staff" acted correct in light of a potential serious head injury. Be thankful of no injury.

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.