Are we obligated for an ambulance and emergency room visit that we did not authorize?

Aiken, SC |

My wife went to an urgent care center for treatment of the flu. She fainted in the office and banged her head on their desk. Instead of treating her the staff called 911 and had an ambulance take her to the emergency room. We now have a $2,0000 bill for what should have been a routine doctors visit.

She was not treated for a potential head injury. There were no X-rays taken either

The urgent care facility took no chances, no doubt acted within their own policies, and made an immediate judgment call in favor of patient safety. Discuss a discount with the hospital.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

2. You have to pay. The "staff" acted correct in light of a potential serious head injury. Be thankful of no injury.