Are we liable for payment?

Asked over 1 year ago - Rancho Cordova, CA

My wife paid for a IUD at a doctors office with our credit card. A year later the doctors office phoned her and said they made an error and credited her credit card the $900 she paid for the device. Now 3 months later they are after her to repay them. Are we liable for payment?

1. Michael J. Ireland

1

Best Answer

Answered . People make honest mistakes sometimes. If the doctor's office provided an agreed service for an agreed price, then they are due the agreed payment. If they reimbursed your wife in error, then pay it back.

If you over-paid, wouldn't you expect them to refund the overpayment? Of course.

This is not litigation Lotto. You shouldn't keep the money they accidentally refunded.

Have a nice day.

2. Eric Jerome Gold

Pro

Answered . If the refund was an error, why would you be entitled to keep it? The medical office provided a service and they should be paid for that service. You are not entitled to be unjustly enriched because of an honest error.