Are two witnesses required?

Las Vegas, NV |

For durable power of attorney and general power of attorney.

No, typically two witnesses are not required, but the person needs to sign in front of a notary.

Thank you. I didn't think so but the notary keeps saying I need witnesses.

Laura A. Deeter

Laura A. Deeter

Two witnesses are required for a Will. Please be careful what you are signing, especially if not prepared by an attorney.

Thanks. It's only a power of attorney which I have used in the past. I do think it has a will portion at the end though.

The answer is different in different states.
You have a NV answer-in Florida the answer would be 2 witnesses and a notary.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

It is a power of attorney for the state of Nevada, not Florida. My mother is 83 yrs old and would we are updating poa's. She wants he made all business and health decisions on her behalf. I don't see why an attorney is necessary.

It would be foolish to execute *either* of these documents without consulting with an attorney . . . there are serious consequences to their existence.

I agree that these forms should be notarized, but no witnesses are required. Typically witnesses are only required for a Will and a Living Will a/k/a/ Medical Directive.

I am licensed in Nevada. The above information should be construed as legal recommendations only and not legal advice.

Wills and estates topics