Are Transfer on Death Deeds for Real Estate still an option in Ohio? My father put me on a Survivorship Deed instead. Thanks.

Asked over 1 year ago - Massillon, OH

I don't want to be on the title now, as I now am, until his time comes unless TODD's are no longer an option in Ohio.
I inherited a property from my mother via a TODD but she prepared it in the early 1990's.
Are they still an option in Ohio?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 6

    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Yes, they are called a Transfer on Death Designation Affidavit (see I would strongly urge you to consult with a local real estate attorney concerning your circumstances and to most certainly have an attorney draft any documents you may decide to use. You can search for an attorney on Avvo or contact your local bar association for a referral. I hope this was helpful, and best of luck to you.

    I am licensed in the State of Ohio, posting a response to your question or issue does not create an attorney-... more
  2. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Bad idea to put you on title
    please consult with attorney BEFORE you or your father do anymore transfers
    your father may have triggered a problem
    transferring back without consultation with an attorney may create a larger problem

  3. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Please contact me. We may be able to assist, if needed, or find someone who can.

    This response does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Related Topics

Inheriting property

Inherited property is property that you receive after someone has died. You may inherit property according to the person's will or under your state's laws.

Real estate documents

There are several real estate documents that may be required when buying or selling property, including a purchase agreement, property disclosure and deed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

35,255 answers this week

3,801 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

35,255 answers this week

3,801 attorneys answering