Are these questions strange asked by IO?

Tucson, AZ |

During my N-400 interview I was asked if I had any encounters with police. I have never been arrested, but I received a traffic ticket and I had an argument with someone who called police. I was not arrested in these two events. I just talked with police and they went. The other question was whether I had any trips less than 24 hours to Mexico? To my understanding from the instruction of How to Fill N-400, only trips lasted more than 24 hours must be mentioned. Are these strange questions? What is the purpose of those? Since I had not mentioned them in my application would I be in trouble? I answered the questioned with honestly when I was asked during the interview and let the officer know about them

1. You were asked typical questions. If you have concerns you may want to retain an experienced immigration attorney in your area.

2. Nothing strange about them.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. No, these are questions that people are asked these questions all the time.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.