Are these deductions legal? I need to know whether i can sue the company for these two incidents to get refunds.

im contracted company driver and i got an accident for which my employer deducted me the insurance deductible of 400 dollars. Another incident the load in the truck damaged the the rear door and was told to pay ffor the damage at a cost of 400 dollars.

Lancaster, PA -

Attorney Answers (2)

Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Chicago, IL

You were not injured. Hence this is not a Workers' Compensation question.

The deductions are NOT legal from WAGES. However, if the employer considers you an independent contractor, it may be permissible. Moreover, it would hardly make sense to sue for return of money that you would still owe.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr.... more
Brett A. Borah

Brett A. Borah

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Cupertino, CA

workers' comp is for on the job injuries. i think your question belongs in the labor/employment law section.

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.