Are these deductions legal? I need to know whether i can sue the company for these two incidents to get refunds.

im contracted company driver and i got an accident for which my employer deducted me the insurance deductible of 400 dollars. Another incident the load in the truck damaged the the rear door and was told to pay ffor the damage at a cost of 400 dollars.

Lancaster, PA -

Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Chicago, IL

You were not injured. Hence this is not a Workers' Compensation question.

The deductions are NOT legal from WAGES. However, if the employer considers you an independent contractor, it may be permissible. Moreover, it would hardly make sense to sue for return of money that you would still owe.

Brett A. Borah

Brett A. Borah

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Cupertino, CA

workers' comp is for on the job injuries. i think your question belongs in the labor/employment law section.