Are these deductions legal? I need to know whether i can sue the company for these two incidents to get refunds.

Asked about 2 years ago - Lancaster, PA

im contracted company driver and i got an accident for which my employer deducted me the insurance deductible of 400 dollars.
Another incident the load in the truck damaged the the rear door and was told to pay ffor the damage at a cost of 400 dollars.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You were not injured. Hence this is not a Workers' Compensation question.

    The deductions are NOT legal from WAGES. However, if the employer considers you an independent contractor, it may be permissible. Moreover, it would hardly make sense to sue for return of money that you would still owe.

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr.... more
  2. Brett A. Borah

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . workers' comp is for on the job injuries. i think your question belongs in the labor/employment law section.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,682 answers this week

3,037 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,682 answers this week

3,037 attorneys answering