Skip to main content

Are there Sanctions or any step to be taken when Plaintiff's attorney that did not win lawsuit in small claims court has not

Miami, FL |

Submitted the order after 1 month and a half and the case still shows as " undisposed " on the docket. It has already been ruled by the judge. What do I do? Does my attorney needs to contact Plaintiff's attorney? Could it have been done maliciously to avoid an appeal by defendant? How long after the ruling should the " plaintiff " submit order? It has been well over a month. This was a frivolous lawsuit.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Best answer

    Your attorney can submit the paperwork to end the case if he wants. He does not have to wait for the Plaintiff's attorney to do it. He just has to send copies to opposing counsel. Hard to understand the balance of your request. Appeal? Ruling was against you? Why are you rushing to get it then? You want to appeal? Is there a basis for it? If the Judge ruled against you apparently he did not believe it was frivolous. His opinion unfortunately matters more than your assessment. Review the matter with your attorney.

    The answers given are limited to the facts as given and presumed by the answer itself. Without seeing actual written documentation or having a conference to more fully explore the issues, this short answer has only limited application. Make sure to seek legal counsel and provide all documentation to get assistance in making informed legal choices., 305 377 1505

  2. Hard to tell what the problem actually is. Talk to your lawyer and ask him about the steps and what to expect next. He knows the facts and tried the case!

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics