Skip to main content

Are there reciprocal agreements for misdemeanor criminal offenses between Florida State and Washington State?

Fernandina Beach, FL |

Specifically can misdemeanor cases, criminal not DUI from Florida be transferred to Washington or vice-versa?

Attorney Answers 4


Transferred, meaning, would it show up on your record?

The attorney's responses to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. For a free consultation, contact Aktas Law, P.A. at 954-332-2412 or at

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


If you're referring to having your probation transferred from state to state, I believe the answer is no. Pursuant to the Interstate Compact that governs courtesy supervision of those sentenced to probation, it is the general policy of most states that you must be on felony probation in order for them to consider accepting your supervision. Even then, there are certain circumstances wherein they can refuse to accept the transfer. I recommend you look into this further with the lawyer that resolved your case. You may have other options available to you, such as mail-in, phone-in or administrative probation that could facilitate your intent.

Best of luck!

Posting an answer to your question does not create an attorney / client relationship such that you can or should rely on the information provided herein to take action. Instead, it is intended to simply provide you with information. I am not your lawyer and cannot provide you with legal advice unless and until I am hired to do so.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


I agree with Mr. Ladan. I would only add that if it is not probation but rather, handling the underlying matter, then you can not transfer the case to another state.

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. 407-588-6714

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Probation can theoretically be completed while out of state. If misdemeanor probation in Florida, your attorney can ask for a simple mail-in probation terms from the court which I've never had a hard time having approved.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics