Are there pre-trial hearings in modification of time sharing cases?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Myers, FL

My brother is going thru this with his ex wife. Neither of of them have attorneys, she filed the petition. They have a trial for the first week of Jan, in front of Judge Adams in Lee County. How much time before the trial does he need to request her witness list, and other evidence she plans on using against him?

1. Brent Allan Rose

2

Answered . If a Lee County lawyer sees your question, I'm sure that lawyer can answer your question better than I can. Pre-trial conferences are almost always required before any kind of trial in Florida. At the conference, the judge usually announces these deadlines. In the meantime, you might want to take her deposition or send interrogatories and ask her what her evidence is and who her witnesses are.

2. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

1

Answered . I would add and suggest he make these requests immediately if Trial is in January.

3. Marian Audrey Lindquist

1

Answered . I would look to see if there is a trial order that answers these questions. Your brother would likely be much better off with an attorney.