Are there pre-trial hearings in modification of time sharing cases?

Fort Myers, FL |

My brother is going thru this with his ex wife. Neither of of them have attorneys, she filed the petition. They have a trial for the first week of Jan, in front of Judge Adams in Lee County. How much time before the trial does he need to request her witness list, and other evidence she plans on using against him?

1. If a Lee County lawyer sees your question, I'm sure that lawyer can answer your question better than I can. Pre-trial conferences are almost always required before any kind of trial in Florida. At the conference, the judge usually announces these deadlines. In the meantime, you might want to take her deposition or send interrogatories and ask her what her evidence is and who her witnesses are.

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy), and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me for a free consultation at 813-635-0222. Also, if you liked this answer as much as my big ego thinks you did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button!

2. I would add and suggest he make these requests immediately if Trial is in January.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family & criminal law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-377-6828. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

3. I would look to see if there is a trial order that answers these questions. Your brother would likely be much better off with an attorney.

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me at 954-567-4100. Also, if you liked this answer did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button