Are there loopholes to avoid restitution after probation?

Asked over 1 year ago - Louisville, KY

I am under court ordered restitution for 5 years, as a condition of probation. The restitution owed to the victim will not be fully paid within 5 years.

Also, if I make partial payments toward restitution due to the fact that I could not make full payments, will that put me in violation? Isn't it best to show that I am making some type of payment rather than none at all?

Are there any loopholes to avoid
repaying the full amount after 5 years
? If so, please state.

The victim is a bank.

1. Frank Mascagni III

Answered . You need to consult with a criminal defense lawyer in your area. If restitution was ordered as a condition of your probation, you must comply with the payment of the amount and per the schedule. If not, this could be a basis to revoke your probated sentence. If you're having difficulties, hire an attorney to make a motion to alter the schedule and/or extend your probation period. Get counsel. www.kacdl.net