Are there loopholes to avoid restitution after probation?

Louisville, KY |

I am under court ordered restitution for 5 years, as a condition of probation. The restitution owed to the victim will not be fully paid within 5 years.

Also, if I make partial payments toward restitution due to the fact that I could not make full payments, will that put me in violation? Isn't it best to show that I am making some type of payment rather than none at all?

Are there any loopholes to avoid
repaying the full amount after 5 years
? If so, please state.

The victim is a bank.

You need to consult with a criminal defense lawyer in your area. If restitution was ordered as a condition of your probation, you must comply with the payment of the amount and per the schedule. If not, this could be a basis to revoke your probated sentence. If you're having difficulties, hire an attorney to make a motion to alter the schedule and/or extend your probation period. Get counsel. www.kacdl.net

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..