Are there grounds for not granting a no-fault, uncontested divorce if both parties agree?

Asked over 2 years ago - Berwick, PA

I filed all the paperwork for a no-fault, uncontested divorce and my ex complied. However, now we are worried that it might be denied because some of the dates might disagree on the forms. He submitted and signed all of the forms, but didn't put down all of the same dates as I did on my forms. Specifically, he put down the wrong date for the service of the complaint. Will this affect whether or not my divorce is granted?

1. Laura Kaye Robbins

1

Answered . Divorces cannot be granted until 90 days after service of the Divorce Complaint. So yes, the date can affect things, especially if you attempted to file the Waiver and Affidavit too soon after the date of service listed.