Are there Employment & Labor Attorneys who work exclusively with labor (that would be available for consultation from public)?

Seattle, WA |

. . . if so, would I have call or email all 900+ listed in my region to find out which is which?

I think it's time to consult an attorney. I need some way of identifying the right one without spending the next month "smiling-and-dialing." I'd prefer an attorney who does not represent management, but perhaps that may not be realistic?

Yes, my firm represents employees in protecting their rights. Additionally, you can try WELA (Washington Employment Lawyers Association), which is an association of respected employment lawyers that work from the employee side.

If you contact me I will run a conflict check and assuming no conflict of interest in representation (as I am hired from time to time by private business entities to help them as well) I'd be happy to talk to you and see if I can help.

Yes, there are. You don't say where you live, but most counties have a local bar association that will charge only a very small referral fee. In King and Pierce Counties, Washington State, the fee is $35 or $45 dollars. For that, you advise the nature of your issue, and specify that you want an employment/labor attorney that does not represent management. Here, you would receive three or four names with contact information in response to that inquiry. The website also have similar functions, although without any ability to designate that you are seeking "plaintiff" or "defense" or "labor side" or "management side." Good luck.

Without knowing all of the details, reviewing documents, and interviewing witnesses, no person should assume that this Answer constitutes specific legal advice for any specific legal situation. No attorney-client relationship is created by posting general legal responses on this site.

You can find a plaintiffs employment attorney on the National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA) web site www.nela.org. NELA is the largest and most influential bar association in the country for attorneys representing working people. You can search by location and practice area. Also, NELA has affiliates in every state and many cities which are listed on the NELA site. Not all NELA attorneys are named on the web site or affiliate site. This should not influence your selection; attorneys can choose whether or not to purchase a listing in the national directory, and each affiliate has its own rules for listing.

I hope you can resolve your situation and wish you the best.

twitter.com/MikaSpencer *** All legal actions have time limits, called statutes of limitation. If you miss the deadline for filing your claim, you will lose the opportunity to pursue your case. Please consult with an experienced employment attorney as soon as possible to better preserve your rights. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer provides information on Avvo as a service to the public, primarily when general information may be of assistance. Avvo is not an appropriate forum for an in-depth response or a detailed analysis. These comments are for information only and should not be considered legal advice. Legal advice must pertain to specific, detailed facts. No attorney-client relationship is created based on this information exchange. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, and can appear before administrative agencies throughout the country. She is eligible to represent clients in other states on a pro hac vice basis. ***