Are there Employment & Labor Attorneys who work exclusively with labor (that would be available for consultation from public)?

. . . if so, would I have call or email all 900+ listed in my region to find out which is which? I think it's time to consult an attorney. I need some way of identifying the right one without spending the next month "smiling-and-dialing." I'd prefer an attorney who does not represent management, but perhaps that may not be realistic?

Seattle, WA -

Roger M. Townsend

Roger M. Townsend

Lawsuit / Dispute Attorney - Seattle, WA

Yes, my firm represents employees in protecting their rights. Additionally, you can try WELA (Washington Employment Lawyers Association), which is an association of respected employment lawyers that work from the employee side.

Saphronia R Young

Saphronia R Young

Employment / Labor Attorney - Federal Way, WA

Yes, there are. You don't say where you live, but most counties have a local bar association that will charge only a very small referral fee. In King and Pierce Counties, Washington State, the fee is $35 or $45 dollars. For that, you advise the nature of your issue, and specify that you want an employment/labor attorney that does not represent management. Here, you would receive three or four names with contact information in response to that inquiry. The website also have similar functions, although without any ability to designate that you are seeking "plaintiff" or "defense" or "labor side" or "management side." Good luck.

John Robert Bonin

John Robert Bonin

Employment / Labor Attorney - Shelton, WA

If you contact me I will run a conflict check and assuming no conflict of interest in representation (as I am hired from time to time by private business entities to help them as well) I'd be happy to talk to you and see if I can help.

Marilynn Mika Spencer

Marilynn Mika Spencer

Employment / Labor Attorney - San Diego, CA

You can find a plaintiffs employment attorney on the National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA) web site www.nela.org. NELA is the largest and most influential bar association in the country for attorneys representing working people. You can search by location and practice area. Also, NELA has affiliates in every state and many cities which are listed on the NELA site. Not all NELA attorneys are named on the web site or affiliate site. This should not influence your selection; attorneys can choose whether or not to purchase a listing in the national directory, and each affiliate has its own rules for listing.

I hope you can resolve your situation and wish you the best.