Are there different tax regulations when donating to charities in other states and uses the donations as write-offs?

Riverview, FL |

Let's say for instance that I give to a charity in Arizona and then to another in Florida are there different regulations I must follow when deducting my donations if the charities are in separate states?

Sorry spelling error *while using

Not on your federal return if they are registered charities.

The content of this answer has been prepared by Scott Legal Services, P.C. for general informational purposes only. It is not legal advice and should not be considered or relied upon as legal advice. Transmission or receipt of the content of this information does not create, nor is it intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Because each matter involves differing facts, online readers should not act upon the content of this website without seeking legal advice.

From a federal perspective, no differences, there might be differences on your state return however.

Tax law topics

Recommended articles about Tax law