Are there cases that are related to mercury poisoning toxicity in the dental field? We feel we have a case.

Carmel, IN |

My wife is extremely ill with mercury poisoning caused by dental work, such as amalgan fillings, root canals that contain aluminum, and other metals that were placed in her mouth.
She is currently 36 years old and has had "silver" fillings (amalgan) since she was 8 years old. She was diagnosed with Epstein Bar and Mono when she was 17 years old, has had chronic fatique syndrome, brain fog, etc......ever since. She had our child on 01/29/2008 and ever since then, she has gone down hill gradually, constant sinus infections.
Recently, even more so rapidly after she received a root canal back in November 2011. We recently just had the tooth removed along with 5 mercury fillings. This has caused major health issues as we think the fillings were disturbed and released more... SUGGESTIONS?

Whatever happened to your daughter many years ago is outside the statute of limitations in any state I know of. People complain about injuries from mercury in dental fillings from time to time, but I've never heard of a case in which somebody successfully proved it and recovered damages. You should look for dental malpractice lawyers in your state but I doubt that anybody will take the case.

Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice.

Joseph Jonathan Brophy

Joseph Jonathan Brophy

Correction, your wife- sorry.

I have a dental mal practicel case against a dentist in Bronx Civil Court based on not following standard of care. I was acutely poisoned by mercury during the drilling out and replacement of a silver amalgam dental filling in 1998. My case was filed in 2000 and for various reasons has not gone to trial yet. I sustained severe neurological symptoms seven days after the dental treatment. I was then diagnosed with MS, Lupus and Myasthenia Gravis..all autoimmune diseases., but eventually diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis, a condition causing a block in the junction between the nerve and the muscle. In my case it was mercury that caused this block. Contrary to whatyou say, my case cna be proven. In fact, the lower and upper courts in the Bronx threw out defendant's Motion for Summary Judgement to dismiss the case. If you do a Google search for Koss v. Bach, Appeal denied, you can read the Judge's opinion. It has been said by the legal field that this case can set the precident for the dangers of silver amalgam fillings which contain 50% mercury. There is currently a UNEP Treaty being negotiated to ban the use of mercury containing products including dental amalgalm. In the U.S., only 50% of the dentists still use it, although there is no reason for any of them to still use it since there are white safe alternatives. That being said, I am seeing a new, young energetic attorney,who thinks out of the box and would like to be the lead attorney in what will be a "ground breaking" case. My current attoreny's health had been extremely poor and he has had to cut back his practice dramatically. I am therefore seeking a NY attorney who would view this an opportuntity to gain recognition in winning a case that will change the paradigm of dentistry, not only in the U.S., but internationally. The Food and Drug Administrationis currently in the process of reclassifying dental amalgam after an FDA Panel advised that dental amalgam has not been proven safe and that definitely does not belong in children's teeth. My story can be found in videos and text on mercuryexposure.info, www.toxicteeth.org and, www.mercurypoisoned.com. I would appreciate hearing your comments after you've reviewed the most current information about the scientidically proven facts about the health danges of mercury silver dental fillings. thank you for taking the time to review this information. Freya Koss

OMG THIS IS HAPPENING EVERYWHERE. DENTIST CARELESSLY don't tell patients they can be neurlogically damaged from mercury. bs. look at my case at toxiclizard1962@blogspot.com. I was diagnoised w bells palsy, aniety,bipolar, schzo, asphia, ajustment disorder. i to need a compassionate attorney who thinks outside of the box..send yours my way..help!!!!!!!!

Medical malpractice is a non-issue because of the Statute of Limitations AND because you do not even allege that there was a breach in the standard of care.

You don't even mention what expert opinion you are basing this claim on. If you are saying the Epstein Bar was a mis-diagnosis, we need to know when it was made and how she has suffered as a result of the mis-diagnosis, in addition to knowing the bases for the original diagnosis.

Bad results do NOT always mean there was negligence.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links: ccandiano@themargolisfirm.com http://www.themargolisfirm.com