Are there cases that are related to mercury poisoning toxicity in the dental field? We feel we have a case.

Asked about 2 years ago - Carmel, IN

My wife is extremely ill with mercury poisoning caused by dental work, such as amalgan fillings, root canals that contain aluminum, and other metals that were placed in her mouth.
She is currently 36 years old and has had "silver" fillings (amalgan) since she was 8 years old. She was diagnosed with Epstein Bar and Mono when she was 17 years old, has had chronic fatique syndrome, brain fog, etc......ever since. She had our child on 01/29/2008 and ever since then, she has gone down hill gradually, constant sinus infections.
Recently, even more so rapidly after she received a root canal back in November 2011. We recently just had the tooth removed along with 5 mercury fillings. This has caused major health issues as we think the fillings were disturbed and released more... SUGGESTIONS?

1. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Pro

1

Answered . Medical malpractice is a non-issue because of the Statute of Limitations AND because you do not even allege that there was a breach in the standard of care.

You don't even mention what expert opinion you are basing this claim on. If you are saying the Epstein Bar was a mis-diagnosis, we need to know when it was made and how she has suffered as a result of the mis-diagnosis, in addition to knowing the bases for the original diagnosis.

Bad results do NOT always mean there was negligence.

2. Joseph Jonathan Brophy

1

Answered . Whatever happened to your daughter many years ago is outside the statute of limitations in any state I know of. People complain about injuries from mercury in dental fillings from time to time, but I've never heard of a case in which somebody successfully proved it and recovered damages. You should look for dental malpractice lawyers in your state but I doubt that anybody will take the case.