Are there any reputable attorneys in Ohio that arent afraid to take on sexual harrassement cases against large companies?

Dublin, OH |

The EEOC tells me that large companies have ways of covering things up even when it comes to retaliation.How much proof do you need that you are getting retaliated against? My timeline goes on and on.

1. I only know her by reputation but you should google ellen simon.

Suing a big company on employment litigation is like walking into a shredder. Not for the faint of heart.

2. You can also try calling the Ohio Employment Lawyers Association for a referral. http://www.oelasmart.net/

This is a group composed entirely of attorneys who represent employees and defend their rights.

As far as how much evidence is needed to prove retaliation, that varies significantly from case to case. Things that are considered are severity of the employer's negative actions against the employee, proximity of these actions to the employee's participation in a prior complaint of discrimination, and alternate justifications offered by the employer.

The employee has the burden of proving that the employer retaliated against the employee. This can be a very difficult burden to meet, and unfortunately, there are some cases in which an employer did retaliate against his employee, but the employee cannot meet his burden of proof.

This answer is provided for guidance only. DO NOT rely on it as legal advice. We DO NOT have an attorney-client relationship. You should contact an attorney in your area for a one-on-one consultation before pursuing any action or making any decisions.

3. There are plenty attorneys willing to take on big companies. Why, because that's where the money is. Large companies cover up things. Small companies cover up things. Good attorneys find things.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email - Jgold@goldbenes.com

4. There are a lot of employment attorneys in Ohio that are not afraid to take on sexual harassment cases against large companies, particularly if the facts of the case are very egregious. Our firm does free consultations for cases like this, so if you'd like to contact me I can set up a free consultation for you to discuss your case. My email is Rachel@thefriedmannfirm.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

5. I am not sure who at the EEOC is giving you this advice or why, but they are most likely not an attorney. Just because you don't have an actual witness or a "smoking gun" document doesn't mean there is no proof or an attorney won't take your case. A good employment attorney will evaluate your story and timeline in a thorough consultation and then decide whether to take your case. As for the size of the company, our firm's attitude is that the size of the company has no relevance. We have filed suit against Coca Cola, Ohio State, Astra Zeneca, Home Depot, Protor & Gamble and GE, to name just a few.

Elizabeth S. Loring, Esq.
    Freking & Betz, LLC
    525 Vine St., 6th Floor
    Cincinnati, OH 45202
    tel: 513.721.1975
    fax: 513.651.2570

70 Birch Alley, Suite 240
    Dayton, Ohio 45440
    937-306-6486

This answer is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should not act or rely on this answer without consulting with an attorney one-on-one. The response cannot and is not intended to replace a face-to-face or telephone consultation with an attorney, and no attorney-client relationship is created by this response in the absence of a fully executed representation agreement, even if a response was given to a question