Are there any recommendations for an attorney that isn't afraid to sue for legal malpractice?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

I feel I have a very strong case for a lawsuit against my former attorney for malpractice due to gross negligence and poor ethics. My new attorney feels the same way, but he doesn't handle that area of law. Are there many attorneys in the Tampa Bay area that don't have a problem with taking another lawyer to court? And, I need an attorney that would work on a contingency basis.

1. David Brian Snyder

Pro

5

1

Best Answer

Answered . When it comes to a legal malpractice lawsuit, you can expect that it will be hard to find an attorney in the area who will want to handle a case against a colleague. You may want to look for an attorney in the surrounding counties to evaluate your claim.

2. Kenneth Joseph Bush

Pro

5

1

Answered . This is probably not the right forum for your question, but to answer, there are many fine attorneys in the Tampa area who would handle a legal malpractice claim on a contingency basis.

Pro

6

1

Answered . There are a tiny handful of lawyers that handle legal malpractice cases, thus, Google "legal malpractice lawyer"

4. Elizabeth Taylor Herd

Pro

4

1

Answered . There are many firms in Tampa that would evaluate your potential claim and are willing to speak with you. Please feel free to contact our firm if you are so inclined.

5. David Bradley Dohner

2

Answered . I hate to point out the obvious, but before anyone suggests taking the pin out of the grenade for this particular individual who "has a strong feeling", it might be worth pointing out that if the "new attorney" is handling the same case as substituted counsel that the "gross[ly] negligen[t]" and "[un]ethic[al]" former counsel was prosecuting for this apparently prospective client to some, his or her case would not yet be ripe for the initiation of a civil complaint for legal malpractice.

So, at the risk of sounding a bit slow, let me ask...is the case which you believed was handled grossly negligently and with poor ethics still pending, and now being prosecuted by your "new attorney"?

If you provide a simple yes or no, one or more of us can then advise whether you even are situated appropriately to commence a suit.

Best,

David B. Dohner, Esq.