Are there any payment options concerning impound fees?

Seattle, WA |

Yesterday night my car was stolen. this morning a officer arrived at my home and informed me it had been stolen and they found it stripped they informed me the car is not driveable .
Now the car is in a tow yard. To get my car back I have to pay a $200 impound fee for storage and tow.
This doesn't make sense to me i don't understand why the police didn't have it towed to my home or try and make contact with me so i could use my AAA membership to have it towed.
Do i have any rights that will help this situation? Thank you for your time.

If you have maintained comprehensive insurance coverage on this vehicle, it is covered for theft and the related costs of theft. You should report this incident to your automobile insurance company and ask them to compensate you for your losses. In terms of possible payment options, you would need to contact the impound lot.

Legal Disclaimer:

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to insure proper advice is received.

Recommended articles about Personal injury