Are there any options for somebody who entered the country illegally as a minor?

West Chester, PA |

I came into the country at age 8 illegally due to my brother's medical condition and have been here ever since. I am now 18 and wanting to go to college but unable to. My girlfreind and I have discussed marraige. We have been looking in to what to do to correct my situation but we have not been able to find many options. What can I do?

It all depends on how you entered the United States. Did you have a visa when you entered as a child?

FREE CONSULTATION ON IMMIGRATION AND DEPORTATION MATTERS Contact: Law Offices of KiKi M. Mosley 208 S. LaSalle St. Suite 1400 Chicago, Illinois 60604 773-501-2039 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

No we came here without any visas or paperwork

KiKi Maria Mosley

KiKi Maria Mosley

There is very little that can be done. You should consider at least a phone consultation with an attorney to discuss the issues at hand.

Maybe. Talk to an immigration attorney

Reza Athari
Attorney at Law
Certified Specialist - Immigration and Nationality Law
State Bar of California - Board of Legal Specialization

Main office: Las Vegas, Nevada
Reza Athari & Associates, Pllc

3365 Pepper Lane, Suite 102
Las Vegas, NV 89120
Telephone: (702) 727-7777
Fax: (702) 458-8508
Toll free: (800) 565-2030

Barstow, California
Reza Athari & Associates, Pllc

309 East Mountain View Street, Suite 104
Barstow, CA 92311
Telephone: (760) 957-7220
Fax: (760) 957-7396

St. George, Utah
Reza Athari & Lui, Pllc

1036 East Red Hills Parkway, Suite D
St. George, UT 84770
Telephone: (435) 656-1136
Fax: (435) 656-1145

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reza Athari & Lui, Pllc

525 W 5300 S Suite 150
Murray, UT 84123
Telephone: (801) 262-LAW7
Fax: (801) 281-9603

If you have a SKYPE account, we may now video-conference or conduct a conference call on the computer from and to anywhere in the world for free. More information may be found at

The issue is complicated. You need to consult with an attorney to fully understand the risks involved.

Recommended articles about Immigration