Are there any licensing or certification requirements for opening a window washing business?

Asked over 1 year ago - Stephenville, TX

I'm thinking of starting a window washing business. I will be the sole employee. I plan to advertise through flyers (as opposed to door-to-door soliciting). Will I need any special licenses from the city, certifications, etc.?

I'd like to keep things as simple as possible. I don't plan on hiring anyone else. It's just a way to make some money. The job market around here isn't exactly jumping, and I figured window washing would be cheap as far as start-up costs for materials, etc...

1. Steven John Clausen

Pro

Answered . Contact the city clerk in the city in which you will render the services and ask what are the requiewmwnts to conduct this business.

2. Pamela Koslyn

1

1

Answered . Start with your city's finance office, which you can probably find online. You're likely to need a business license, and to pay business tax for this business.

And that's the city requirements. You're also going to be responsible for state and federal income taxes.

3. Bruce E. Burdick

Pro

Answered . Call the city clerk and she (or he) will let you know what licenses you need.
    See a business attorney for establishment of a business so you minimize personal liability and to clear and protect your business name.