Are there any lawyers that would take a civil case and not get paid til they win?

Joliet, IL |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

Are there any lawyers that would take a civil case and not get paid til they win? My husband and I live in a town home and our neighbor has something leaking in her unit which is destroying our garage the ceiling is caved in lots of damage yet she refuses to fix the issue or pay for damages, she said the association is responsible and the association says it's between the tenants. We pay association fees for what if they barely cut the grass and do not enforce the rules and make people do what they are suppose to do? Is there anything we can do have spoken with the police in Joliet, the association and neighborhood services.

If yo uhave a strong case, you might be able to find lawyers willing to take your case on a contingency basis. Click the Find a Lawyer link at the top of this page.

I am not licensed in Illinois; however, there is no question that, in a good case, an attorney will be willing to represent you on a contingent basis. This means that you would pay a portion of any money damages recovered, plus costs. On the east coast, where I practice (and handle just this kind of case), the contingent fee would be 30 - 40 percent, plus any costs and filing fees. Good luck - and I hope you can find justice in this case.

It is rare that a property damage case would qualify for a contingent fee approach. But, try Find A Lawyer tab for Joliet. Good luck.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes