Are there any lawyers that handle out of state cases?

Asked about 1 year ago - Saint Charles, MO

I'm looking for a child custody lawyer that handles cases in the state of Maryland but from the St. Charles Missouri area? I moved to Maryland and had my daughter there then moved back to Missouri maybe a month later. I have more details just don't want to put it all out there. email me at tabathastark64@ gmail.com

1. Eric Michael Walter

1

Answered . You might be able to locate a Missouri lawyer who also has a license in Maryland. And most lawyers can qualify for a permission to handle a case out of state, through an application for status called "pro hac vice." But that usually requires the client to also retain a local Maryland attorney to work on the case as well. To that point, you are most likely best served by having a local attorney who is familiar with the judges, opposing counsel, the applicable Maryland laws, etc.

2. Josh P Tolin

Answered . You can use avvo's find a lawyer tab. An attorney can work on a case by case basis out of State if approved by the Judge and using local counsel. Good luck to you.