Are there any laws regarding how many hours a person is made to work straight in FL even in a salary area mngmt. position?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Hudson, FL

I have a salary area mngmt. job where hours can vary and rough when employees don't come through. I have worked 24 hour shifts here and there but I just worked a 38 hour shift and the week just started. Florida has little to no restrictions on work hours and breaks but is this legal?

1. Richard Ernest Wolfe

Answered . In general, your analysis is correct that the state of Florida does not limit the amount of hours worked in salaried positions. One point that should be considered is the definition of a truly managerial position for purposes of possible overtime. The only other restrictions of hours is in certain positions where safety could be an issue such as truck drivers.

2. Scott M. Behren

Pro

Answered . The question would be whether or not you are truly a salaried employee. If u should be getting paid hourly you would be owed overtime for many of these hours. For an analysis of this issue check ou my employee rights blog at www.takethisjobnshoveitblog.com