Are there any laws in CT concerning opposite gender kids sharing a room?

Asked about 2 years ago - Granby, CT

I have recently finalized divorce and child custody and have moved in with my girlfriend and her 8 yr old daughter. I have a 5 yr old son, and his legal residence is with me in CT, but now, his mother is threatening court because she says it's against CT law for them to share a room. We just moved in and plan on getting a bigger place when we save some more money.

1. Max L Rosenberg

Pro

1

Answered . Hello, I am a Connecticut and New York licensed attorney with my offices in Stratford, CT approximately one hour from Granby. There are no laws specific to this exact situation. Things like this may be looked at by a case by case basis by DCF. A family study could be done to determine the appropriateness of the situation. For further information contact our offices.

2. Bruce S Gordon

Answered . As t how it is working right now, it depends on a lot of factors including how the children act together and what other arrangements are made for privacy.
    There is no specific law, but at some point you may want to start having the child of your sex move in with you. Or that bigger place with certainly solve the problem.