Are there any Las Vegas lawyers that help out military members?

Asked almost 2 years ago - North Las Vegas, NV

My soon to be x-wife wants spousal support. I have supported her and her 2 kids from a previous marriage for 6 years, married for 4 years. I cannot afford spousal support since she has emptied our bank accounts due to her drug problem. She has hired a lawyer to get support (wants me to pay for the lawyer) and now I need help from someone with military experience and is low cost.

1. Israel Lynda Kunin

4

Answered . If you seek a consultation with an experienced family law attorney, you can ask those questions that you think are relevant to the fact that you are in the military. An experienced family law attorney should be able to help you. With Nellis a part of our community, most experienced family law attorneys should often have cases involving military members.

2. Howard Robert Roitman

Answered . If you need to write your will, are considering signing a lease, or need a power of attorney or notarized signature. Then you need legal assistance, and best of all, military servicemembers and their families have access to legal assistance, absolutely free!

Veterans are not eligible for these services. Generally, legal assistance is provided to the following groups:
    All members of the Armed Forces on active duty (including members of a reserve component),
    Reservists released from active duty, having served 30 days or more,
    Retirees from all branches of the service, and
    Lawful dependents. Federal civilian employees and their dependents are also entitled to legal assistance in certain circumstances.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

Answered . Its possible that a Nevada divorce attorney will not see your post here on avvo for days. So I recommend you contact the Las Vegas Bar association and request a referral to a divorce attorney who has experience with military divorces. Also, Google and the local phone book have hundreds of them. Finally, you can use the avvo find a lawyer option. Best of luck to you.

4. Philip Douglas Cave

Pro

1

Answered . Talk to the Legal Assistance Office on base at Nellis. They will likely have a list of attorney's familiar with military related issues.