Are there any Las Vegas lawyers that help out military members?

North Las Vegas, NV |

My soon to be x-wife wants spousal support. I have supported her and her 2 kids from a previous marriage for 6 years, married for 4 years. I cannot afford spousal support since she has emptied our bank accounts due to her drug problem. She has hired a lawyer to get support (wants me to pay for the lawyer) and now I need help from someone with military experience and is low cost.

1. Its possible that a Nevada divorce attorney will not see your post here on avvo for days. So I recommend you contact the Las Vegas Bar association and request a referral to a divorce attorney who has experience with military divorces. Also, Google and the local phone book have hundreds of them. Finally, you can use the avvo find a lawyer option. Best of luck to you.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I give a 100% effort to get you on the right track with your issue. Sometimes that means legal educational information, sometimes that means counseling and non-legal guidance. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

2. If you seek a consultation with an experienced family law attorney, you can ask those questions that you think are relevant to the fact that you are in the military. An experienced family law attorney should be able to help you. With Nellis a part of our community, most experienced family law attorneys should often have cases involving military members.

3. Talk to the Legal Assistance Office on base at Nellis. They will likely have a list of attorney's familiar with military related issues.

mljucmj@gmail.com 703-298-9562, 800-401-1583. Answering your question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

4. If you need to write your will, are considering signing a lease, or need a power of attorney or notarized signature. Then you need legal assistance, and best of all, military servicemembers and their families have access to legal assistance, absolutely free!

Veterans are not eligible for these services. Generally, legal assistance is provided to the following groups:
    All members of the Armed Forces on active duty (including members of a reserve component),
    Reservists released from active duty, having served 30 days or more,
    Retirees from all branches of the service, and
    Lawful dependents. Federal civilian employees and their dependents are also entitled to legal assistance in certain circumstances.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.