Are there any Las Vegas lawyers that help out military members?

Asked almost 2 years ago - North Las Vegas, NV

My soon to be x-wife wants spousal support. I have supported her and her 2 kids from a previous marriage for 6 years, married for 4 years. I cannot afford spousal support since she has emptied our bank accounts due to her drug problem. She has hired a lawyer to get support (wants me to pay for the lawyer) and now I need help from someone with military experience and is low cost.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Israel Lynda Kunin

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you seek a consultation with an experienced family law attorney, you can ask those questions that you think are relevant to the fact that you are in the military. An experienced family law attorney should be able to help you. With Nellis a part of our community, most experienced family law attorneys should often have cases involving military members.

  2. Howard Robert Roitman

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . If you need to write your will, are considering signing a lease, or need a power of attorney or notarized signature. Then you need legal assistance, and best of all, military servicemembers and their families have access to legal assistance, absolutely free!

    Veterans are not eligible for these services. Generally, legal assistance is provided to the following groups:
    All members of the Armed Forces on active duty (including members of a reserve component),
    Reservists released from active duty, having served 30 days or more,
    Retirees from all branches of the service, and
    Lawful dependents. Federal civilian employees and their dependents are also entitled to legal assistance in certain circumstances.

    The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing... more
  3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Its possible that a Nevada divorce attorney will not see your post here on avvo for days. So I recommend you contact the Las Vegas Bar association and request a referral to a divorce attorney who has experience with military divorces. Also, Google and the local phone book have hundreds of them. Finally, you can use the avvo find a lawyer option. Best of luck to you.

    READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia.... more
  4. Philip Douglas Cave


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Talk to the Legal Assistance Office on base at Nellis. They will likely have a list of attorney's familiar with military related issues. 703-298-9562, 800-401-1583. Answering your question does not create an attorney-client... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.


Alimony is the regular monetary allowance one ex-spouse may be required to pay the other after a divorce.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,240 answers this week

2,807 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,240 answers this week

2,807 attorneys answering