Are there any immigration lawyers who don't charge anything the first time,or even on the phone?

Orland Park, IL |

Just to explain the situation and see how much the whole process is going to cost me .

1. Although I, and many other lawyers, do 'chat' on the phone for free for a few minutes .... in all honesty it is impossible to give a proper fee quote during a brief call.

My average consultation takes 1-1/2 hours ... I suspect it is much the same for other lawyers.

You, of course, are free to call around ... you might get lucky and find an attorney that doesn't have much 'happening' that day and he/she could be willing to do a free consultation.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. Feel free to call.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail: mc@madridcrost.com; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site: www.stopnotariofraud.org.

3. 212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

4. Many clients seem to inquire about cost, and rightly so in these economic times. What unfortunately many clients don't think about is quality. As with advice regarding any matter, legal advice is only as good as the information it is based on and the thoroughness of the consultation. If the free consultation is brief and not much information is exchanged, the price for relying on this advice may be much higher further down the road. That is not to say that there are not good quality free consultations out there, but quality should be at the forefront of decisions.

5. My office is in Palos Hills, and I work in immigration. Feel free to call me for a free consultation at 708-400-8000 or 708-557-6399.

I speak English and Arabic.

6. We offer free initial consultations.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com/attorney
    312-854-7065

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.