Are there any groups that help protect white men in the work place?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

It seems that almost every group of ethnicity has some sort of protection except white men being discriminated against in their workplace, is there any group that helps us out? To protect our rights in the workplace?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Heather Morcroft

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The EEOC and the Florida Human Rights Commission enforce anti-discrimination laws. Those laws apply equally to white people and to men. If you can show that you are being discriminated against BECAUSE you are white, then the law protects you from that type of discrimination. Similarly, if you can show that you are being discriminated against BECAUSE you are male, then you can seek a remedy under the law. If you just have a vague complaint that white men in general are getting a raw deal, that is not something the law addresses.

    ***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******
  2. Eric J Trabin

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Florida and federal law prohibit workplace discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity. There is no list of races or ethnicities that are "protected" while other groups are left out. If a person is discriminated against in the workplace BECAUSE they are white or caucasian, then that would be illegal and therefore subject to legal remedy. Of course there are remedies for gender discrimination as well, including against males.

    This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.
  3. Dotie Joseph

    Contributor Level 4

    Answered . Depending on where you work, you might have access to protection by a union (not because you are white, but because you are dues paying member of the union), some kind of oversight board, or certain provisions through your human resources department.

    Any comments provided herein are not to be construed as legal advice, and I do not warrant/guarantee any of these... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,026 answers this week

3,051 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,026 answers this week

3,051 attorneys answering