Are there any foreseeable legals issues providing a marketplace for friends to dare each other for rewards.

Brooklyn, NY |

If the terms of use of a website (the marketplace) specifically prohibited dares of a certain nature, would the owners of that website be liable for the user generated content, and any dares that violated such terms?

1. I would need more information in order to provide a proper response. However, I believe that there are a number of legal risks associated with such a site. If you have specific questions or issues, I suggest that you speak with an attorney.

If you found this Answer helpful, please mark it as "Helpful" or "Best Answer". Your feedback is greatly appreciated. PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. Transmission of the information is not intended to create, and the receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship between sender and receiver. You should not act or rely on any information contained on this site without first seeking the advice of an attorney.

2. This is a very specific question that deserves a specific answer that can only come after all the information is understood.

I suggest that you consult with a lawyer in private and discuss your objectives in more detail. You can start by calling around to several for a free phone consultation, get some insights then pick the best fit to work with.

Best regards,
    Frank
    Natoli-Lapin, LLC

DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed with the law firm of Natoli-Lapin, LLC on the basis of this posting.

Business topics