Are there any exceptions to the 7th Amendment of the Bill of Rights?

Santa Clara, CA |
Filed under: Civil rights

If so, what are they? Not specific cases, just situations that may or may not happen.

1. You really need to learn to do homework without a site like Avvo. More like an online encyclopedia like Wikipedia. Jury trials are for "law" matters only, not "equity". For example, divorces are "equity cases" and thus no jury.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

2. Why are you asking?

3. Do you have a specific issue, or is this homework?

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

Civil rights topics