Are there any exceptions for US born children of diplomats who left the country after birth and want to obtain a green card?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Cambridge, MA

My wife was born in the US and my father was a diplomat . Our immigration lawyer believes that she cannot apply for a green card or any long residency permit as she has left the US after birth. We wanted to get a second opinion and to know whether there are any exceptions to this rule.

Thanks

1. Ilir Kavaja

1

Answered . I am a bit confused; were her parents diplomats in the US or were yours? Also, was she born within the US in an American Hospital? Does she have a birth certificate issued in the US? If so, there may be a chance she has obtained citizenship at/by birth.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

Law Office of Ilir Kavaja
    30 Newbury Street
    Boston, MA 02116

(617) 515-5545
    www.KavajaLaw.com

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

1

Answered . Unfortunately, your lawyer is right.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . What does your wife's birth place have to do with your father being a diplomat?