Are there any employment lawyers in Indiana that have free consults and low retainer for a case thats been filed w/ the EEOC?

Asked over 1 year ago - Pendleton, IN

I currently have a claim filed w/ the EEOC, however finances are not the best, so Im looking for an attorney that will offer free consultation and a low retainer for low income. I understand you have to have "deep pockets" to be well represented, and would like to be in my case. I understand some laws through a lot of research on my own but this one I may need some help on. If you or if you know an attorney can help it would be appreciated.

1. Timothy Alan Coe

Answered . I don't know anyone in the Pendleton area, but I do know someone on the north side of Indy. If you would like their contact information email me privately. You should be able to find my email address on my profile page.

2. Marilynn Mika Spencer

Answered . I am a California attorney and cannot give legal advice in your state. My comments are information only, based on federal law and general legal principles. YOUR STATE MAY HAVE ITS OWN LAWS THAT OFFER SIMILAR OR GREATER PROTECTION. If I mention your state’s laws, it only means I did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant. You MUST check with an attorney licensed in your state to learn your rights.

Many plaintiffs employment attorneys represent clients in discrimination cases on a contingency basis. This means you do not pay attorney's fees up front. Attorney's fees consist of a percentage of the final recovery.

You can find a plaintiffs employment attorney on the National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA) web site www.nela.org. NELA is the largest and most influential bar association in the country for attorneys representing working people. You can search by location and practice area. Also, NELA has affiliates in every state and many cities which are listed on the NELA site. Not all NELA attorneys are named on the web site or affiliate site. This should not influence your selection; attorneys can choose whether or not to purchase a listing in the national directory, and each affiliate has its own rules for listing.

I hope you can resolve your situation and wish you the best.