Are there any employment lawyers in Indiana that have free consults and low retainer for a case thats been filed w/ the EEOC?

Pendleton, IN |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

I currently have a claim filed w/ the EEOC, however finances are not the best, so Im looking for an attorney that will offer free consultation and a low retainer for low income. I understand you have to have "deep pockets" to be well represented, and would like to be in my case. I understand some laws through a lot of research on my own but this one I may need some help on. If you or if you know an attorney can help it would be appreciated.

I am a California attorney and cannot give legal advice in your state. My comments are information only, based on federal law and general legal principles. YOUR STATE MAY HAVE ITS OWN LAWS THAT OFFER SIMILAR OR GREATER PROTECTION. If I mention your state’s laws, it only means I did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant. You MUST check with an attorney licensed in your state to learn your rights.

Many plaintiffs employment attorneys represent clients in discrimination cases on a contingency basis. This means you do not pay attorney's fees up front. Attorney's fees consist of a percentage of the final recovery.

You can find a plaintiffs employment attorney on the National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA) web site NELA is the largest and most influential bar association in the country for attorneys representing working people. You can search by location and practice area. Also, NELA has affiliates in every state and many cities which are listed on the NELA site. Not all NELA attorneys are named on the web site or affiliate site. This should not influence your selection; attorneys can choose whether or not to purchase a listing in the national directory, and each affiliate has its own rules for listing.

I hope you can resolve your situation and wish you the best. *** All legal actions have time limits, called statutes of limitation. If you miss the deadline for filing your claim, you will lose the opportunity to pursue your case. Please consult with an experienced employment attorney as soon as possible to better preserve your rights. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer provides information on Avvo as a service to the public, primarily when general information may be of assistance. Avvo is not an appropriate forum for an in-depth response or a detailed analysis. These comments are for information only and should not be considered legal advice. Legal advice must pertain to specific, detailed facts. No attorney-client relationship is created based on this information exchange. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, and can appear before administrative agencies throughout the country. She is eligible to represent clients in other states on a pro hac vice basis. ***

I don't know anyone in the Pendleton area, but I do know someone on the north side of Indy. If you would like their contact information email me privately. You should be able to find my email address on my profile page.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes